EU Regulation 20/740 of May 25, 2020 on the labeling of tires with respect to fuel efficiency and other parameters, came into force on May 1, 2021.
5 modifications are to be highlighted:
- Tire identification information, such as brand and type designation, is included on the label.
- 5 classes of fuel efficiency and wet grip (from "A" to "E") are listed instead of 7 previously.
- The external rolling noise class is now indicated on a scale from "A" to "C" and the external rolling noise value is reported in decibels (dB).
- A QR code allows the general public to access the European Energy Labeling Database (EPREL) and provides detailed information on all registered products.
- Where applicable, pictograms indicate whether the tire is intended for use in snow and/or ice conditions, helping the end user to identify and purchase tires specifically designed for areas with winter conditions.